Senior Project Manager position at MISSION Therapeutics Ltd
MISSION Therapeutics is a drug discovery company developing small molecule inhibitors targeting the ubiquitin pathways involved in many cellular processes. We apply our proprietary platform to identify and develop deubiquitylating enzymes (DUB) drugs for use against cancer and other diseases including neurodegeneration. The company is located in Cambridge, UK, on the Babraham Research Campus, at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Senior Project Manager
MISSION is looking to recruit an experienced project manager to join our R&D team on a permanent basis. Reporting to either the EVP of Research or CMO, the ideal candidate should possess a scientific degree along with a relevant postgraduate qualification such as a PhD, with a strong track record of developing NCE products from the discovery phase into phase 1 clinical trials.
The candidate must have thorough experience of the pharmaceutical drug development process along with delivering small molecules through preclinical development.
The successful candidate’s role will be to build, support and coordinate all MISSION preclinical IND enabling activities, either internally or externally. He/she will help define the strategies that will be used to develop MISSION’s projects from research into the clinic. Specifically, he/she will provide expertise to the project teams during the late discovery and early development phases of small molecule drug discovery programmes including their translational stages.
• Oncology expertise required
• Experience in other therapeutic indications such as neurodegenerative would be a plus
• Demonstrated track record in setting-up and managing CRO collaborations
• Expertise in developing first-in-class small molecule compounds
• Good communication and management skills
• Plan and structure the required processes and studies for the preclinical evaluation of NCEs
• Work with the biology project teams to help define the candidates for preclinical evaluation
• Build the target product profiles (TPP) and product development plans (PDP) for the drug discovery programmes with the discovery team, CMO and other stakeholders including clinical KOLs
• Organise and orchestrate the preclinical process from chemical synthesis (CMC, GLP), formulation, toxicology and safety studies along with pharmacodynamic/PK strategies through to dose to man
• Define key performance indicators for successful delivery of project within given timelines
• Propose and manage budgets
• Assist the CMO in filing of the IND
The company offers a competitive salary, along with a contributory pension scheme plus other benefits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast growing biotech company that is at a decisive stage in its development. If you would like to apply to for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date is August 3rd 2015